There are a lot of decisions to make after a car accident. With a lawyer by your side, you can feel confident you’re making the right ones.
The value of having your own attorney after a car accident is more than just the likelihood of an increased settlement amount. A lawyer also saves you time, worry, and common mistakes that can be made in the confusion after a car wreck.
If you’re severely injured, caring for the injured party, or mourning their death, having a legal professional on hand can be vital. In cases complicated by drunk driving, or as seemingly simple as a rear-end accident, we cover the legal side of things so you can prioritize your own health and the well-being of your family.
The lawyers at Falcon Law Firm handle paperwork on your behalf, advise you of your rights, and carry out your wishes while you focus on your own needs. Reach out to us through our confidential online form to schedule a consultation, or by calling 732-454-3306 for representation right away.
For more information on what to do immediately after an accident, or how the car accident claims process works, read on.
I Just Got Into an Accident, What Do I Do?
The order of the steps you take after a car accident is important. We like to use the acronym “CRASH” to break it down. By following this guide, you can help reduce your stress and avoid common missteps:
- Care: Priority number one after a crash is always your physical safety, the safety of those around you, and then the safety of your property and private information. Getting those who need treatment to the hospital or dangerously wrecked vehicles off the road is the first and most important task.
- Report: Reporting the incident to the police can help protect your rights later. If you are able to, dictate your memories to officers, record them on your own cell phone, and take pictures.
- Attorney: From here on, every action you take can be aided by an attorney. By hiring your own lawyer, you’re represented when dealing with insurance companies, negotiating payouts, and pursuing a lawsuit if your losses cost more than initially offered.
- Settle: Reaching a fair settlement often depends on your ability to counter an insurance company’s offer, which may require evidence. Your attorney can gather this information on your behalf, prepare and negotiate a counter settlement, and take your case to trial if necessary.
- Heal: While your attorney works for your benefit, your efforts can go to recovering your health and repairing or replacing your vehicle. There are some tasks that are your own private business, but for everything where your attorney can help, we’ll be there.
Auto accidents can be highly destabilizing. You’re parked or driving, going about your own business, when suddenly an impact derails the rest of your day, week, year, and sometimes your life depending on the severity of your injuries.
An experienced lawyer can help you right away, even in those first few moments when you’re asking, “Someone crashed into me, what do I do?” We can advise you every step of the way, and handle all the paperwork associated with securing the settlement or damages award you deserve.
Whether you’ve been in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, Falcon Law Firm is here to help.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help?
By helping you secure a settlement or damages award (ordered by a judge), a car accident attorney can help you access:
- Payment for medical bills and ongoing treatment
- Reimbursement for lost wages, loss of a job, and employment-related benefits (like health insurance)
- Compensation for pain and suffering, including stress-related conditions like PTSD
- Punitive damages, which are funds that may be charged to negligent parties that are then awarded to you
- Coverage for wrongful death expenses like funeral costs and the loss of a family’s breadwinner. This also takes into account the loss of your loved one’s companionship and guidance.
The main benefit of hiring a car accident lawyer, after the time and stress we can save you, is the prospect of settlement and verdict results. You are more likely to receive a settlement with professional legal representation. Your settlement may also be up to 300% higher on average.
Less paperwork on your part means improved payouts…when you have a lawyer on your side.
How Do I Contact a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car accident, you don’t have to handle the fallout alone. Falcon Law Firm is a personal injury firm operating primarily in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, with extensive experience in car and automobile accident cases. We’re here to you and yours with a rapid response after an unfortunate accident, and will be with you through the entire process until we achieve the fairest possible settlement.
Falcon Law can be reached through our online contact form, or by calling 732-454-3306 directly. We work tirelessly to serve our neighbors, their families, and to help stop preventable accidents from happening by holding wrongdoers accountable.