trucks on expressway

If you are injured while driving a company vehicle, do you get workers’ compensation? Does your employer’s insurance pay for your expenses? What happens if another driver obviously caused the crash? These situations can get complex, but if you get hurt one thing is clear. You should be paid compensation. A Monmouth County car accident lawyer from our firm can help you figure out how to make that happen.

What Should I Do After an Accident in a Company Vehicle?

After you get into an accident, you need to start building a case and gathering evidence. This means talking to witnesses, taking pictures of the accident scene, and calling the police so that they can make a report of their own. You should get the insurance info from any other drivers involved in the accident too. This can be a necessity if you decide to file a claim against them later.

Why Is It Important to Get Medical Care After a Crash in a Company Vehicle?

After the crash, you should get medical care right away. Then, if you were using the company vehicle for work purposes at the time of the crash, you need to report your injuries to your employer as soon as possible. This allows them to report the injury to their workers’ compensation insurer so that you can collect benefits.

You had to be doing something for work at the time of the crash though. If you were delivering something for your employer or driving to meet a client, you will probably have a successful workers’ comp claim. If you were driving the company vehicle for your own purposes, you are unlikely to receive compensation in this way.

What Kinds of Damages Can I Win?

If you were driving the company vehicle for work and you got hurt, you can receive workers’ comp. This can help make up for medical expenses and a portion of your wages. If you want to sue for other types of damages, like non-economic damages that make up for pain and suffering or psychological trauma, then you have to make a third-party injury claim.

This is when you sue someone else involved in the accident. The obvious target here would be another driver who caused the crash. If they was negligent and you were harmed as a result, you can file a claim against them even if you have already applied for workers’ compensation.

How Can a Lawyer Help Me?

A lawyer can evaluate your case and tell you the best course of action. If you have options open to you like third-party claims, they will let you know. We are ready to help you fight for maximum compensation.

Meet With Our Legal Team

When you need help with a workers’ compensation claim or a third-party personal injury claim, contact the Falcon Law Firm. We can schedule a free consultation and take a closer look at your case. If our experienced lawyers can help you sue for damages, we’ll get right to work.