Cars are a convenient and much needed form of transportation today. However, safety checks and vehicle maintenance may not be done as frequently as they should. Overlooking common auto safety issues can lead to costly and sometimes dangerous consequences.
Following are common auto safety issues that are often overlooked and can result in car accidents:
- Damaged brake lines. Brakes are a very vulnerable part of your car since they are susceptible to breakage and rust. Factors such as weather conditions and chemicals used to treat roads can have a huge impact on your vehicle’s brake lines. It is important to perform brake line checks since there may not be any signs that there is wear and tear.
- Dying or damaged batteries. Weather conditions, such as extreme temperatures, can have a negative effect on car batteries.
- Tires. Neglecting tire maintenance can lead to life-threatening consequences. Tires that are underinflated and lack tread can lead to blowouts. Tires can be underinflated, even if they do not look like it.
- Animal damage. The engine area of your car is a welcome spot for animals to seek shelter, especially in colder weather. Piles of leaves or twigs near or underneath the hood of your car can be a sign that animals have taken shelter beneath your vehicle. If this is the case, you will need to check your car for chewed parts.
- Drive belts. Drive belts are a part of your vehicle that can be easy to overlook. If a drive belt is damaged, it can make it difficult to steer your vehicle. It may also result in a non-functioning alternator that could potentially stall the engine.
- Damaged headlight lenses. Damaged headlight lenses make it difficult to see the road ahead of you. This can be especially dangerous in bad weather conditions.
- Air bags. Air bags are dangerous because they can deploy as a result of minor collisions that cause little to no damage. If you bought a used vehicle, it is important to check the vehicle’s history for prior airbag deployment. Takata airbags have been shown in the past to severely injure vehicle occupants.
- Bumpers. Even if bumpers look like they are okay, they can still be damaged, especially if you were involved in a collision.
If you were injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, a knowledgeable car accident lawyer will review your case and defend your rights. You should not have to suffer due to the careless actions of another, which includes failure to maintain one’s vehicle.
Monmouth County Car Accident Lawyers at the Falcon Law Firm, LLC Represent Victims Injured in All Types of Car Accidents
If you or someone you know was involved in a car accident, contact a Monmouth County car accident lawyer at Falcon Law Firm, LLC today. Our experienced lawyers will fight for your rights and obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries. For a free consultation, contact us online or call us at 732-660-1200. Located in Oakhurst, Parlin, and Aberdeen, New Jersey, as well as Doylestown, Pennsylvania, we represent clients throughout Asbury Park, Belmar, Deal, Ocean Township, Point Pleasant, Long Branch, West Long Branch, Sayreville, Middlesex County, and Monmouth County, New Jersey, as well as Bucks County, Pennsylvania.